The impact you had on my life still resonates. I still hear your voice in my head being brutally honest, and I seek out qualities of you in anyone I allow to take up my time. I can’t say our relationship was a healthy one, but I can say you are one of the most necessary and incredible people I will ever know, and one of the best friends anyone could ever hope to ask for.
The kind of love that comes to mind when I think of being ‘in love’ is something that is all-consuming, not always life or death, but sometimes. Otherwise, what’s the point? The last time I saw a hint of anything like that in my life was with you. I’m sorry every day for the way I handled things, and I’m often thankful for the fact that you had found sobriety and happiness at the time of your passing.
When people talk about how they knew you and I know they did not, I try to remember it’s just people trying to be closer to something important. I let it get to me from time to time, but I try not to think about it especially on days like this. The fact remains that you changed a lot of lives. For some, it was just from less of a distance. Today I will just think happy thoughts in your direction, and hope that you are at peace.
I miss you every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment