Downward is Heavenward


8/22/2011

swallow the heart and crush the lungs

This weekend was not a weekend for sleeping.

We left for Richmond for Best Friends Day on Friday afternoon.  I got out an hour late from work, and any time I need to go somewhere with Gwen it takes awhile longer if you know what I mean.  Extra stops and waiting, etc.  By the time we got on the road it was 3pm, which should have been sort of fine as it's normally a 5 hour drive and there were 6 bands playing that night.  Allowing an hour or so for traffic, we weren't panicking too much.  Except there was basically a monsoon on the way down there.  Also, EXCRUCIATING amounts of traffic.  So I had to stop for about an hour so I could gain the ability to both drive and see 5 feet in front of the car simultaneously.  Then I ate a salad at a truckstop which made me barf.  So that was another half hour added to the trip.  Overall, it took us almost 9 hours to get to Richmond.  Then we had to check into the hotel.  And then I had to wait for Gwen to be ready to leave.  Long story slightly shorter, I missed the pg.99 reunion and want to kill myself.  I could have avoided killing myself if I'd just kept driving, I mean I probably would have died but it's possible I would have not missed the show.  I guess it could have gone either way.  One thing is certain though, we always end up having lots of adventures wherever we go, so it was definitely worth it.  At least there's that.

See also: tickets for their show in DC - WITH CTTS AND THOU are going for like 90 bucks.  So I'll just throw darts at an inflatable dartboard instead.

But that was just the lame part of the trip.  The rest of our time in Richmond was good.  It's a pretty nice town, and on our way back home we got tattooed by a really talented and sweet dude by the name of Max Kuhn.  His work is completely distinctive and amazing.  He is also by far the fastest artist I've ever had work on me.  I think we talked his ear off and for that I am sorry, but I did warn him we would be back.  I would recommend him to any cool person I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment